Tuesday, October 11, 2011

12/365 Tree Finality

I sent Mike with my dad's truck to pick up the trees left in the parking lot. We didn't want them left by the dumpsters to be tossed in a landfill. There's a perfectly good recycling center down at Carondelet Park. The park mulches them up and uses them as, well, mulch.

It's a big job to haul, and they're big trees. I was exhausted. Mike went alone and I put girls to bed.

He got back over an hour later.

"Well, only one tree fell out of the truck," he starts.

"What?"

"On Grand. Folks pulled up next to me to tell me. So I went back to look for it, but it was gone."

"It was gone," I repeat.

"Yeah, I mean, middle of the road, I expected it in the gutter or on the sidewalk but it was gone."

"Somebody needed a tree, in mid-January?"

He shrugs. "Everything else went fine. Took me two trips."

1 comments:

mh said...

Firewood? Fish bed in a lake?