Friday, October 7, 2011

23/365 Trivia Night

All I got to say is that St. Cecilia's is on Alaska. We got the question right but the church is on Alaska. I know. The address is for the rectory. It still got me going. That's where Mike and I got married.

There was a whole category of that--the questions were all addresses of St. Louis city Catholic churches, and we had to name the church. We got 10/10, of course. We had two nuns at the table and I've got genealogy on my side. It was my favorite category this evening. That and the state capitals one. My least favorite? Talk show hosts. We had, umm, two nuns and me and Mike at our table. We were undermined by that category. Thank goodness for mulligans.

We came in third, which should not have happened. We were doing so poorly. I say this as someone who pretty much always places in the top three at trivia nights. At least in the last 8 years or so. I love trivia nights. They're my favorite fund raiser.

I hope this one made us some money. It was crowded enough and seemed to be a good time had by all sort of evening.

Miguel mentioned to me in an email earlier this month that a couple of questions he thought to himself, oh, Bridgett will know this one. I hope I got them right....and I wonder if he threw in the hardscrabble question because I use that as one of my internet handles.

Astrid's daughter Nissa babysat for us. We came home and lo and behold, all three kids were asleep. I'm going to stop this wrap up. I think there's some 30 Rock to catch up on. Or, perhaps the second-highest rated show in 2009. That would be Dancing with the Damned Stars.

0 comments: