Tuesday, March 22, 2011

296/365 It's not small, but it's a small tihng

The Presbyterian banners are 3 feet by 6 feet. Two of them.

The parish banners, once Sr. Hildegard showed me with a tape measure, are kinda bigger than that. Like 3 feet by 9 feet, each. Four of them. Thank goodness they are simple. 108 square feet. Time to get a move on.

But Lynn, in her one act of defiance or whatever, said, "That's not really long enough."

I looked at her.

"I'd say 15 feet at least."

Hildegard was heading down from the choir loft. I shook my head at Lynn. "Nah, there's the advent wreath there, too, and it'll run into it."

"I hope they're paying you for these."

I just shrug. I'm sure I could make demands. But that just wouldn't seem right to me. I mean, it's my parish. I don't want to become simply a contractor. It would change it for me. It would make it an obligation.

0 comments: