Thursday, March 3, 2011

314/365 banners now and forevermore

Banners are done. Except they're not. The fronts are done, and they are backed--I'm not quilting these because they hang so far away from everyone, from the choir loft. But while this cuts out 8+ hours of work, it also means they are kind of loose. They are not stiff rectangles. They are flowy. I've ironed the first to within an inch of its life, but it's still kind of flowy.

I'm think a dowel rod at the bottom is called for. It will provide a stable point and make it more of a rectangle. Pretty sure I don't have any dowels in the basement, though, so that's a trip to home depot and some tweaking at the sewing machine. Still less than 8 hours of work. My fear is that it won't be enough. So I'm still debating (I wouldn't go to Home Depot until this evening anyway because Leo is obnoxious these days).

Hmm.

I like the banners, though. I hope they go over well.

0 comments: