Saturday, June 18, 2011

168/365 Hallelujah

Baby I've been here before
I know this room, I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
love is not a victory march
it's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Why did he live alone before he knew you?

Well, it's just really something in the song. I guess he's just saying he knows what it's like to be alone.

But alleluia is a song of praise. Why come it's a broken alleluia?

It's hard to explain, honey. It's just, really, I guess it's just hard to sing praise sometimes.

But why? Why would it be cold?

Sophia, it's really just a grown up song. It's hard to explain.

Then why is it on a kids movie?

Now, that is a question I have too. I don't really know, though.

I just don't think an alleluia can ever be broken.

You're right.

0 comments: