Saturday, June 11, 2011

175/365 Astrid's House

I spent the morning at Astrid's house. She lives a few blocks north of me and her house is open. It is pristinely clean and she always has coffee brewing.

This is what I want as time goes by. I have it in some realms, but as things evolve with neighbors and in-laws and friends, I want this more and more. I want a comfortable place to waste time with folks and talk about important and unimportant things. I have it there, and I can see in my mind eventually having it in my own house, too. It isn't my time right now, as Astrid always says about this or that, with a new toddler and sloppy school aged children, but it's coming.

It's interesting to me how notions in one's head become reality. Sometimes not the way we plan, but if something gets mulled over long enough, it starts to emerge.

It makes me careful what I spend time thinking about.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 years ago, you would not have had this to say about my house... Seriously.

And the house on Tennessee? Whoo boy. Honkin' mess.

You'll get there. Meanwhile, I've got your back.