Wednesday, May 18, 2011

220/365 Coffee with Fr. Miguel

He was supposed to get his hair cut. The barber shop is across the street from the coffee house (I love my neighborhood, have I mentioned?). We were chatting about vacations, mostly about Astrid's thousand-day vacation to South Carolina. He appears around the corner and comes in to chat. Keeps looking out to see if the barber shop is open yet (I don't think it ever did, for mysterious reasons).

We talk about vacations some more, about knitting, about kids, about the oireachtas (Irish dance regional competition) Sophia will probably not attend. We talked about this and that and whatever, just like any coffee Wednesday or Friday (Wednesdays are our standard, but in the summertime things get loose, especially when Astrid takes 1000 day long vacations).

It's a great way to start the day. Energizes me and not just because of the coffee. I get so much done on the days I go to coffee.

He left about 9:30, realizing he'd have to do something else about his hair (which is a quarter inch long, if that). We stayed a bit longer, but knowing we had things to accomplish as well on this hot hot day, we wrapped things up and went down the road.

0 comments: