Thursday, February 24, 2011

321/365 Flurry

The flurries are here. I need to go downstairs with my cell phone in one pocket and the cordless in the other, waiting, still waiting for someone to tell me to wait some more. The advent calendar needs to be set up, and we don't have a wreath on the table yet for the first time since Sophia was a baby. Rituals help and I need to get busy and get them ready.

I think about Professor Elemental, who is a terribly amusing "chap hop" rapper. He sings a rap song about tea, for instance, called the Cup of Brown Joy. I'm not a tea drinker most of the time, preferring the dirtier cousin, coffee, but this line sums it up for me:

when times are hard and life is rough
you can stick the kettle on and find me a cup


Ritual. I need ritual and a flurry of activity. I need to start decorating for Christmas and drink some coffee in the kitchen and finish the last three banners and a few more quilts and pet my cats and open day one day two day three of the advent altoid tin calendar and I KNOW, I KNOW that if I fake it till I make it I will find myself content.

0 comments: