Tuesday, February 15, 2011

330/365 Location of Novena

Sr. Hildegard sent out an email. It was going to take a lot of work to get the Christmas Novena in place, and then back away, each night in order for other things to happen in between (like Sunday mass and choir practice). She made the suggestion that perhaps we should go ahead and have it in the chapel in the rectory basement.

I wrote back and said, basically, ok, let's have it in the chapel. I'm kind of in a keep it simple mode right now.

Rachel replied that there was no need to move it, that liturgy was messy, I stopped reading because, well, I don't have a dog in this fight, you know? Fr. Miguel wrote as well and agreed with Rachel.

Radio silence. I knew I was leading the novena on Friday but I figured I'd find out the final decision when I got there.

And then, in strict accordance with prophecy, Lynn wrote. She agreed with me. Chapel. Of course she agreed with me. It had nothing to do with me. It had everything to do with disagreeing with Miguel.

Irritated, I deleted emails and ignored it. I told Mike about it. And about how I was tired of all the fuss over such things. And he reminded me, wisely, that perhaps I was a little tied down in the minutiae of my own life to care about the minutiae of liturgy. He was right.

I wonder when I'll be back to normal.

0 comments: