Sunday, September 11, 2011

67/365 Fall and get up, fall and get up

1. Humility lies in knowing who I am and what my life means. Bidden or not bidden, God is always present.

2. If God is my center and my end, I must accept the will of God. How do I recognize the will of God? How do I know if it is different from my own? How do I know when to resist and when to embrace?

3. I should submit my will to those who have claim on me: my husband, my children, my family, my friends. Those around me are the voice of Christ.

4. Perseverance through difficult conditions allows my heart to endure and embrace the suffering. Life is hard. After the mountain, there is another mountain.

5. Sharing my weaknesses and struggles with someone who has the insight and care to give good advice and help is necessary for spiritual growth. Trying to hide weakness is a set-up for failure. If I admit and own my struggles and work to overcome them, I am moving towards perfection, towards becoming fully human.

6. I should be content with the least of things and positions. I should be thankful for what I have right now and not work to accumulate more than I need.

7. I should admit that I am small and embrace this.

8. I should follow the rules and examples set down for me. Experience can bring holiness.

9. I should control my opinions and my judgment.

10. I should keep laughter in check and know that humor is different from derision and sarcasm.

11. I should speak fewer words, speaking them gently and briefly.

12. I should manifest humility in my bearing and in my heart. I should tread lightly on the earth and act deliberately. Metaphorically, hood up and head down.

0 comments: