Sunday, September 11, 2011

68/365 Worship Moments

"Thank you to Lynn for keeping minutes last month," Fr. Miguel says even though Lynn isn't at the meeting. "And thank you to Hildegard for making them readable."

We decided that perhaps we should cut out a few of the Easter Vigil readings, from 7 Old Testament readings to perhaps 5. And then everyone started flipping through and nobody wanted to cut any of them. "We shouldn't leave this decision to liturgists," Bev said with a shake of the head.

We talked about how to accent the Exodus reading, since it's the one that cannot be changed. We have in the past gone straight into this song called the Canticle of the Free, which I like but it has been done many many times in a row. Bev mentioned that in the past, we've broken up the creation story with the psalm interspersed. We let that settle into our minds for a moment and then I remembered my first Vigil, when I was confirmed: "One year we had a slide show accompaniment to that reading." Revulsion all around the table as I described with giggles how awful it had been.

At the end of the meeting, I was putting my glass in the sink in the kitchen and Fr. Miguel said he'd been reading and that, no, the homily was not focused directly on me. But, he pointed out and I agreed, if it seemed that way, then maybe...

0 comments: