Tuesday, September 6, 2011

74/365 Banner over me is love

Do you remember that song? Was it from Hi God? Peter built the church on the rock of our faith, his banner over me is love.

I have some work to do. Palm Sunday is take down the purple, put up the red. That's only a few moments away from now. Then for Holy Week, the red comes down and nothing goes up until Easter Vigil, when the color is white.

We're not using my banner from last year, which is fine with me. I've hung it in my guest room/sewing room over a vinyl cling on the wall that says "No rest for the talented." Ha. But we're using a banner, or rather a series of banners, for Easter.

Ones I have to make. And not just solid fabric hemmed on the side and dropped down from the choir loft. I'm quilting again. I'm excited--I have the plan drawn up and I am confident that I have the skill and patience and dexterity to pull it off--and the materials since I've been to the fabric store.

Now I have to find the time. Come on Leo. Give me the time.

0 comments: