Saturday, September 3, 2011

77/365 Spring

It's getting warmer here. Last spring is a blur for me. I'm not sure I even really remember Easter Vigil. Did I spend it in the Utah Vestibule? Probably. I don't even have a record of it at South City Musings. Didn't say a word. I was exhausted and it was the new growing season and rejoicing and its record is missing along with the 1890 census.

I look at my yard, with the forsythia actually blooming and the crocus done for the year already and I realize that life goes on even if I don't have a hand in it. The yard is a mess, but it is relatively alive. So strange, staring out my back window and seeing the garlic growing with no help from me at all. There it goes.

It will happen with or without me. But I'm learning this Lent that I'd rather be a part of it than not.

0 comments: