Monday, August 29, 2011

85/365 Banner thoughts

They will be white, right? Easter is white. But the ones I saw that I liked had lots of color. Lynn didn't like the green in the last one. I guess there was a lot of green. I saw it as dawn. Reminded me of the Art Museum short film with the woman who broke glass with a flower stem. This shattering of natural things, this crash, this change. But that's ok because it looks nice in my guest room.

Six banners in a row, 10 inches wide each. How long? Did I bother to measure the red ones? Dang it. I guess I'll go up there next week. I would have loved to have started from those white banners from last year. I brought them home. I wonder if that will work.

Pippolotti. That was her name. The woman who made the movie at the Art Museum.

Water and fire. Fire from water. The water, round like the earth. Fire, wild, above, unpredictable. How much red? How much yellow and white? The water--blue? I think I'll start with whatever batiks I have and think about it.

Panic hasn't set in yet. It will soon. Triduum, though. It's designed to make you crazy.

0 comments: