Saturday, August 6, 2011

108/365 Fantasy Worship Commission

"Hi all," Fr. Miguel says as we come in a few at a time, talking to each other about Triduum and how lovely it was. I pull up a chair next to Sr. Hildegard and take out my favorite pen, one of those daytimer ballpoints my father is fond of.

We get the meeting started with a prayer from a book of reflections about peace and justice. Vanda and Lynn have poignant stories to add about their work with the homebound and with the Catholic Worker House. I ask Lynn after the prayer ends if she'll give me the number of the house because I've decided I want to join the movement. I've wanted to for a long time, but never felt comfortable with some of the other workers. Until this story and I realize I can put that aside, that I can fit in there just fine.

We begin to discuss Triduum in detail. Lynn mentions how much preparation the readers must have done, that they never got in the way of the words. We all agreed that perhaps next year we should try to invite more people to the washing of the feet, but overall, things seemed to go so well. Just lovely.

Bev compliments me on the banner I made and we chat a minute about its construction. We talk about flowers and Fiona's work and how we might keep everything alive, or replaced, through to Pentecost. Suggestions are made about plant care and Lynn volunteers to take care of plants once a week.

The Vigil is discussed at length. Easter Sunday mass is touched on for just a moment, long enough for me to realize that maybe next year I should try to make it up for that one as well. And then we move on to upcoming dates. Ideas are shared about how to make baptisms more integral to the community. We come up with new things for Pentecost environment. Lightheartedly we remember past years and the banners we used to use. No one misses them.

We all plan to attend the upcoming prayer service. We talk a minute about the plan and offer constructive ideas about how to make it consistent with previous prayer services without being redundant. We talk about gratitude and Earth Day and ecology and how to bring the ideas of just economy into prayer involving these themes.

At the end of the meeting, we choose a prayer for the month of May for the bulletin. We adjourn, looking forward to next month's meeting and all that we have planned.

The End.

0 comments: