Sunday, August 28, 2011

86/365 Palm Preparation

The palms didn't get moldy this year. Fr. Miguel found these awesome little plants, little palm-like plants...and then told Hildegard he hoped it was ok that he picked them up. They are perfect.

Palms on the front doors, stuck into the red ribbons in the grapevine wreaths. The red banners hanging down from the choir loft--I love the new curtain rods--but one of them was crazy crooked. Frustrating. I know why--I did a rolled hem on one side of it but a flat hem on the other with invisible thread. The rolled hem. I should have undone it and started over. Next year.

The nice thing about a liturgical year is that you can continue forward toward perfection.

Palms are in their basket. The plants are arranged. I won't see any of it in action. I'll be at my in-laws' again. This whole Lent has been spent as a correspondence course. But I'm here next week.

0 comments: