Saturday, January 22, 2011

354/365 New Year

The strangest Christmas season ever. Christmas on a Saturday meant I never knew what day of the week it was that last week of Advent. I was not alone in my confusion, either. It meant that Christmas was immediately followed by Holy Family that Sunday, and here a week later we're not obligating Mary, Mother of God on the 1st because tomorrow is Epiphany. Astrid said it was like Triduum come to Christmas. It was for her--she is performance art, in the choir, but for me nothing can touch the exhaustion of Triduum.

We have a long ordinary time in front of us, Easter being almost as late as it can be. Plenty of time to get ready for Lent and keep the church plain and get some growing in.

I'm starting seeds in a week because I'm increasing my garden just a bit. Rearranging. But like the liturgical year has taught me, living in one place and doing the same things again and again allows for minor tweaking and learning as the years go by.

0 comments: