Monday, January 17, 2011

359/365 Taking down more Christmas

On Sunday, we've decided to sort of spread the poinsettias out, take down the evergreens, and ease our way out of Christmas. Like I said in my email, I don't care. Neither did most who replied. But Lynn's response was something along the lines of, "But aren't people expecting to be allowed to take a poinsettia home on Sunday?"

I thought, but did not say:

What? Since when is the parish a source of free plants? Since when do folks "expect" to receive a poinsettia from the parish after Christmas is over?

And then I remembered the year Lynn announced to the whole crowd at the Migration mass after-party , a week before the season was over, that everyone could go upstairs and get a poinsettia! I wasn't there (thank goodness). But I remember the devastation. It looked like post-sale Black Friday at a walmart. What a mess. But I do remember that being odd, how eager she was to give the damned plants away. Is this common? I just don't remember it from other parishes...

2 comments:

Jules said...

No, it's not common. No, it's not St. Pius tradition. And yes, she is batshit crazy.

Bridgett said...

Thanks for the reality check. Love that about you. :^)