Thursday, January 20, 2011

356/365 UndecoratingChurch

Ordinary time has always been plain at our church since I started getting involved. I can't recall before that time--liturgy and place didn't mean as much to me then. But it does now, and ordinary time, especially the winter section, has always been plain. Take down Christmas and leave things spare and open. Kind of like the house, too, when I take down the Christmas tree and set things up for winter. The dining room seems big and clean and there's room to breathe and think.

But this year, Christmas was as short as it could be. It will be over Sunday, but the poinsettias are not spent. Hildegarde sent a message: what should we do?

I like things bare, but I don't like to waste. The poinsettias are lovely but have Christmas written all over them. I'm not sure how to compromise.

So I emailed back that I just didn't have a dog in this fight. Either way is fine with me. Really. Let me know what I should do.

0 comments: