Thursday, April 14, 2011

269/365 Not at the Monastery

I'm not at the monastery. I don't even know if this was the oblate weekend or not.

I haven't been for two years. We have three retreats a year, and Leo was just too new to drag out to Clyde. And it would have been a burden to leave him here or take him with. We're just at that stage right now.

I know Sr. Hildegard is going to say something to me, something specific about a retreat, and yes, I know. Just tell me when that could happen. I looked at the calendar and EVERY WEEKEND from here until Christmas is now officially booked. Not each day, but at least one of the days of the weekend is scheduled. It will fly by, and I'll love it, but I'll be spiritually exhausted by the end.

So I'm going to make a plan. February 19-20 I'm just going to block out. I don't know yet where I'll go but I'm going to go somewhere. Maybe down to Pevely. It isn't far away. I want to go to Clyde--I could stay at Conception--maybe. I've got a few days to consider.

0 comments: