Tuesday, April 12, 2011

RCIA This Sunday

I'm the RCIA catechist this Sunday, for the first time since, oh, Lent? As I've said before, RCIA is something I want to be a part of but even starting my third year of it, I still feel like I'm not qualified. Children's Liturgy of the Word (CLOTW) might annoy me sometimes because I have to miss a homily, but even if I forget and am unprepared, I can make something happen downstairs that will work. And Sadie O'Toole will stand up at coffee and donuts open mic afternoon and say that Children's Liturgy is her favorite part of church.

Or banners, or helping with holiday meals, or whatever. I'm good at things and feel like my work is competent and on par with those around me. This is not true with RCIA but I stay.

We'll have two new folks who are participating in the rite of acceptance this Sunday (the official start to their catechism experience). One baptized, who could come in any time during the year when it seems like she's ready, and one unbaptized. This brings our total to 3, which is nice. One person is a little intimidating for everyone concerned.

Now to plan.

0 comments: