Saturday, July 16, 2011

134/365 Variety of Celebration

Lynn wrote that she had been going to other liturgies (meaning other centers/parishes) to experience a variety of celebration.

Something about that, no, something about everything she says, just makes me nuts.

A variety of celebration.

As for me and my house, we've found our niche. If I went looking for a variety of celebration, it would be simply an exercise in irritation. I am so "at home" at my parish that everywhere else is like a night in a cheap motel. Sometimes necessary, sure, but never desired.

Mike and I did hop around for a year, with the naive notion that we would see everything there was to see in the diocese--instead, we saw most of south and north city. Then we found a place we liked and stopped.

Maybe it's good, though, to make sure that where you are is still where you belong. I don't know. Maybe it's because she explained it that way. Like it was some grand plan of hers instead of "I was dissatisfied with our parish and I church hopped for a few weeks." Maybe it was because she explained it at all.

Maybe it was just that she gets on my nerves no matter what.

Ok, that's probably it.

1 comments:

mh said...

By the way, I love the Mass celebration at Pius V! Your church and your choir and your parish are so lovely and welcoming. I always leave a bit in awe.