Monday, July 11, 2011

140/365 Children's Prayers

It's not always for their dogs.

I've witnessed a lot of prayer at Children's Liturgy over the past two years. Sometimes it is for their dogs--or for all dogs--but oftentimes it is for things that are so real and important to them it makes my heart ache.

I would like to pray for my auntie who is the hospital with a new baby and the baby is sick.

My brother is going to Iraq.

We should pray for the people of Haiti.

My mom's dad is really sick.

My Aunt Mary fell off a cliff and got really hurt (it turns out, after I asked the mother, that this happened 20+ years ago and everyone involved is fine now).

My mom and dad because they're not living together anymore.

I'd like to pray for my new baby brother.

I want to pray for her new baby brother, too.

Let us pray for people who don't have place to live when it's so cold.

I want to pray for my family because we might have to move.

My friend Brittany at school? Because her mom died.

Today is my mom's birthday.

For my mom who just had a baby.

My dad to find a job because he lost his and needs a new one.

For my dog. And for all dogs. And all pets. And other animals, like in the zoo.

Let us pray to the Lord,
Lord, hear our prayers.

0 comments: